List of Organizations focused on mental health needs in the South Asian community within United States:
https://www.maifs.org/default.aspx : Mai Family Services: They provide confidential helpline and support in multiple Indian languages and culturally appropriate counseling for different mental health issues, substance abuse, domestic violence, marriage counseling, abuse and referrals to shelters, attorneys, community health resources and therapists.
https://www.mannmukti.org/ They are a storytelling platform which enables South Asians to normalize and discuss issues regarding mental health. You will also find different mental health resources and places where one can seek help.
https://planamag.com/an-asian-american-therapists-guide-to-asian-american-mental-health-db87a35b6f1c : An Asian American Therapist’s Guide to Asian American Mental Health
https://www.columbusrecoverycenter.com/depression-resource-guide/ : A comprehensive depression and suicide resource guide
9. Parenting Strengths:
10. The Taboo of Mental Illness in the South Asian American Community
11. Back to School 2020: Mental health during a Pandemic https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/25/well/family/teens-mental-health-needs.html
12. I'm So Stressed Out! Fact Sheet: This fact sheet provides information on the differences and similarities between stress and anxiety, why it's important to manage stress and anxiety, and tips for coping.
13. Please click below for "Addiction Resource for Parents" and "How to Build a Sober Support Network Guide"
14. Supporting an addicted family member or friend can be overwhelming, but there are many resources that can help you understand and deal with a loved one’s addiction.
15. Practical ways to manage stress and tension. Visit www.anxietyasset.com
17. https://www.rccmhc.org/whole-story resources for Children's Mental health
19. The article is entitled “Depression at work: Symptoms and what to do about it” where one can find a list of vital points of the signs that trigger a worker’s depression, causes of burnout, and how to overcome it. Here is the link: https://www.fingerprintforsuccess.com/blog/depression-at-work
20. Guide to addressing mental health resources for People of Color and their allies:
Live Another Day - Live Another Day believes in equal access to life-saving mental health and substance use resources. This website provides extensive information on the best resources available.
Detox Local - An excellent resource that features abundant information including mental health and substance use resources specifically for the AAPI (American Asian and Pacific Islander) community.
21. Information about activities of the MN EFT community and local EFT Therapists. https://www.mnceft.org/
22. AddictionHelp.com - Addiction Help is one of the only educational websites founded by a recovering addict, an addict’s spouse, and a board-certified addiction doctor.
23. Collection of resources for parents who may have a college-aged child whom they'd like to find help.
24. A list of resources is available below:
American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
American Psychological Association Psychologist Locator
National Register of Health Service Psychologists
Mental Health of America Referrals
Psychology Today Find a Therapist
National Board for Certified Counselors
25. Lexington Addiction Center - A great guide with resources for Asian American college students